Re: Red Carpet 0.9 beta

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:19:24 Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Well, if you don't want to download RPMs, why are you using Red Carpet at
> all?  ~,^

Not just RPMs, RPMs I already have installed.  And I want to download RPMs
purely because I often don't have the time to install everything from
tarballs, and RPMs are easier.

> Yes, that is true.  It should give you the option of not updating your
> whole system, even if it is broken, just to update a couple of packages.

Apparently the next version of Red Carpet will do this.  I'll try that one.

> Other than that, and the Red Carpet fix to at least ignore the screwed up
> part of your system, are the only fixes you'll have for now.  Sorry... :(

I'm not sorry... so what if my RPM database has some dependency issues, my
system works fairly flawlessly.  If Red Carpet chooses not to allow me to
install software because of the RPM dependency issues, that is a problem for
the authors of Red Carpet, not me... I will simply not use their software.

--
Renze