Re: Red Carpet 0.9 beta

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 09:47:10AM +1300, Renze de Ruiter wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:43:09 Ian Peters wrote:
>
> > Perhaps you need to learn how to inform your rpm database when you've
> > installed software by hand?  (Yes, it is possible and easy to do.)
>
> No, it is wanting to remove RPMs that I have installed myself that I don't
> want removed.  The only thing that I built and it is wanting to replace is the
> kernel.

If you installed all of these packages without using --force --nodeps,
then it is a bug in red carpet, and I would very much appreciate a bug
report (bugzilla.ximian.com).

If you did install them by forcing them onto your system, then you do
need to either a) satisfy dependencies, or b) add fake entries to your
rpm database.

--
Ian Peters      "...it is 5 am and the sun has charred the other
itp gnu org      side of the earth and come back to us and painted