Re: CD ROM and Floppy icons won't disappear

This is a bit confusing.  OK, suppose I want automounting w/o the
icons.  Is that a feature to add to magicdev or gmc?  And as I'm happy
to not have icons on my desktop not running gmc seems like the right
solution.  But why does gmc do desktop icons?  It seems like a nice
enough filesystem browser, but if the only way to not have desktop
icons is not to run it, I guess I won't use it just for the file
browsing part.

Thanks,
D.