close a gnome-terminal

* Open a gnome-terminal
* Start emacs in background "emacs &"
* Close the gnome-terminal with windowmanager (pressing the close-button)

Now, not only the gnome-terminal closes but also emacs that was started
in the background.

* Open a gnome-terminal
* Start emacas in background
* Close by typing "exit" in the gnome-terminal

Now, it's only the gnome-terminal windows that is closed.

Is it possible to get the close-button on the gnome-terminal to give the
same effekt as typing exit. I guess this is a question that also effects
bash or whatever shell you run. But I don't like that different things
happens depending on how you close the terminal.

I have more then once closed in the wrong way and lost work because of
it. If you have typed stuff in the emacs windows and closes the terminal
the things you typed are lost...

/Dennis