Re: CD ROM and Floppy icons won't disappear

I can't imagine that floppy speed is a big issue.  It's just such a
rarely used device (and slow and small too boot) that speed of access
is sort of irrelevant.

Anyway, I think that automounting and unmounting CDs seems like a nice
idea, because it's what you want 95% of the time.  I don't really want
to get rid of this feature, I just don't want the *icons* to show up
after magicdev goes ahead and mounts my CD.  It looks like I have to
find something else (or just mount by hand), though, because it seems
that magicdev's interface is basically: install and uninstall.