Re: Helix-Splash

One thing at a time... :)

> Put your info in About. Gimp About is a nice one in the effect side,
> but not so good in features, I hope that a new About widget appears
> soon for GNOME or GTK+ (clickable and selectable links for authors
> mail and web, the same for translators, small list of params like
> --help do in CLI, rpm that installed this app, and more).
>
> Good luck with your app.

I think I found the splash screen code in the gsm directory of the
gnome-core tarball, but though I downloaded it through Helix, it appears
to be standard Gnome-centric and points to the standard Gnome
splash-screen (well, it's different than the old Gnome I upgraded to
Helix from), rather than the helix/helix-splash.xpm - I assume that the
Helix rpm spec patched the makefile to use the Helix-centric one. Well -
I'll have to disect it and play with it...it'd be nice to have that as a
regular widget that can be used in everyday progs.

Mike