Re: Helix-Splash

Good idea - I'll get the gnome-session source and browse it. Any
suggestions/code-samples are welcome though (Please). I figure it'd be
similar to a progress-bar except that instead of displaying a single
graphic extending incrimentally across a bar, it displays icons as per
what module is being loaded or what percentage the app is loaded. I
really like the Helix-splash - reminds me of the MacOS startup screen in
a way.

I'll also heed your --splash/--no-splash suggestion too. My application
is a modular, business oriented app and a reminder of who wrote that app
is good (hence the splash screen as long as it's a well designed splash
screen), but it'd be good just to play freecell while the app loads too.
:)

Mike