Re: How to compile gnome-guile? (was Re: How to install slib?)

Chiel> On a different note: is guile still being regarded as the main
Chiel> extension language? It seems most developpers don't care much
Chiel> for it.  (Guile apps being rewritten to C, to take an example.)

Was there ever a main extension language?  I don't know.

The guile-gtk and guile-gnome packages suffer from not having someone
whose primary focus is on making them work.  I occasionally do some
things, but really they are in need of a general overhaul.

For instance, gen-typeinfo must be extended to handle more types.  And
it would be nice to have a guile/MICO integration available.

I think the fact that guile lacks a champion here is the reason that
people are moving away from it.  I personally like guile a great deal,
but my primary interests lie elsewhere...

Tom