Re: problem with autogen.sh in latest cvs for gnome-lib

Matthew> I was trying to compile gnome-libs from the CVS repository
Matthew> and I keep getting a problem with configure failing with a
Matthew> /bin/sh syntax error at AM_PATH_GTK.  From my limited
Matthew> knowledge of autoconf, it would appear that AM_PATH_GTK was
Matthew> not defined in one the macro files.  Has someone else seen
Matthew> this or have done something else wrong??

This typically means that you installed automake (and hence aclocal)
using a different --prefix than the one you gave when you configured
Gtk.

That's an ok thing to do, but you have to be aware of this
consequence.

The fix is to copy gtk.m4 into <prefix>/share/aclocal/, where <prefix>
is the prefix you gave when you configured automake.  Then rm
config.cache and re-run autogen.sh.

Tom