How to compile gnome-guile? (was Re: How to install slib?)

    Bobo> Chiel Postma writes:
    >> Bobo Rajec <bobo@bsp-consulting.sk> writes:
    >> >
    >> > 1. downloaded guile-1.2.tar.gz from ftp.fsf.org
    >> >
    >> I'd guess you need to have the latest snapshot of guile.  You
    >> can find it at:
    >>
    >> ftp.red-bean.com/pub/guile

    Bobo> That _nearly_ worked. The compilation of gnome-guile got
    Bobo> further than ever. But there is still

    Bobo> a) one problem with the compilation, got got rid of it by
    Bobo> defining HAVE_SCM_PUTS

    Bobo> guile-compat.c: In function `scm_puts': guile-compat.c:60:
    Bobo> `scm_regular_string' undeclared (first use this function)

    Bobo> b) 2 problems with linking

    Bobo> main.o: In function `hack_compiled_switches':
    Bobo> /home/bobo/test/gnome/gnome-guile/guile-gtk/main.c:40:
    Bobo> undefined reference to `scm_list_reverse_x'

    Bobo> gnomeg.o: In function `inner_main':
    Bobo> /home/bobo/test/gnome/gnome-guile/guile-gnome/gnomeg.c:477:
    Bobo> undefined reference to `sgtk_init_gnome_defs'

Can't help you any further here. I haven't compiled gnome-guile
lately.

On a different note: is guile still being regarded as the main
extension language? It seems most developpers don't care much for it.
(Guile apps being rewritten to C, to take an example.)

Michael