Re: How to install slib? (was Re: Help with a basic install)

    Derek>     Ya, I haven't figured out how to install slib either.
    Derek>     How the heck do
    Derek> you do it?  Why isn't it just "make install"?  This is,
    Derek> after all, the GNU Desktop, right?  :)

Unfortunately SLIB does not try to be gnu-like.  Rather, Aubrey Jaffer
(the SLIB maintainer) has a scheme-like approach to installing both
the latest SCM and the latest slib.

To use SLIB in Guile you should be able to just unpack it in a place
that's in Guile's load path and then follow the notes from the Guile
reference manual which I sent in another note just a few minutes ago.