Re: property dialogs

On Thu, 19 Mar, 1998 at 09:11:04AM -0800, Tim Small set free these words:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>

> > I don't know:  I've gotten quite used to Ok/Apply/Cancel meaning
> >                                 Apply+Close/Apply/Close
> > Changing things like this just has a vaguely wrong feeling in the pit of
>
> Well, not everyone is coming in from a dos/doze environment, I think
> gnome
> gives us an opportunity to do things differently - right first time.

Actually, I next to no experience with property dialogs under win/dos.
My experience with these beasties mostly comes from running netscape under
linux....
(At least, that's the place I remember best.... Or where I learned it I
suppose.  After you've learned it, you forget that it exists in a way.  Which
is why changing that seems vaguely disquieting, I suppose.  I know with my
head what the things do, but I am having to consciously think/associate them
whereas before it was second nature.

It is harder to unlearn habits than to learn them the first time.)

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."

PGP signature