Re: property dialogs

My preference would be for the button to simply be labeled 'Apply'.  If
I navigate to a second tab before Applying changes, I would get a dialog
along the lines of :

  |             Apply Changes?               |
  | Do you wish to apply changes to X before |
  | going to Y?                              |
  |  _________    _____________    ________  |
  | {  Apply  }  { Don't Apply }  { Cancel } |

This is simple and not a suprise.  You won't leave the user with any
route to becoming confused.  I think this is also fairly standard.  I
know FrameMaker (v3.0 at least) does this in the paragraph designer.

The less button clutter, the better.

 Robert J. Slover | Admin Sys Mgr | Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology

 "Yesterday starts tomorrow, Tomorrow starts today.  The problem
  always seems to be we're picking up the pieces on the ricochet..."
                                                    -Marillion, "Jigsaw"