Re: property dialogs

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> I don't know:  I've gotten quite used to Ok/Apply/Cancel meaning
>                                 Apply+Close/Apply/Close
> Changing things like this just has a vaguely wrong feeling in the pit of

Well, not everyone is coming in from a dos/doze environment, I think
gnome
gives us an opportunity to do things differently - right first time.
I've
had new '95 users ask me what the 'Cancel' button was going to do.

I think we've really got to ask ourselves in these cases 'What would a
new
user (NOT necessarily a dumb-arse user - it's easy to make the
connection)
be least astonished by?', not 'What would a user who's been using a
dumb-arse system for years be least astonished by?'

If you try to cater for the first group, the second will be able to
figure
out what's going on, the reverse is less true.

Tim.