Re: property dialogs

Quoting Robert J. Slover (robert.slover@Rose-Hulman.Edu):
> My preference would be for the button to simply be labeled 'Apply'.  If
> I navigate to a second tab before Applying changes, I would get a dialog
> along the lines of :
>
>   ============================================
>   |             Apply Changes?               |
>   ============================================
>   | Do you wish to apply changes to X before |
>   | going to Y?                              |
>   |  _________    _____________    ________  |
>   | {  Apply  }  { Don't Apply }  { Cancel } |
>   |  ---------    -------------    --------  |
>   ============================================
>
> This is simple and not a suprise.  You won't leave the user with any
> route to becoming confused.  I think this is also fairly standard.  I
> know FrameMaker (v3.0 at least) does this in the paragraph designer.
>
> The less button clutter, the better.

this is a really bad clutter ... I'd hate eitehr having to press the
button all the time .. or getting an annoying dialog everytime I change
page .... I wanna do the changes in teh whole dialog and then apply

I don't see the point of doing apply only on one page in most occasions

if the apply is this page only, ... leave it on the notebook .... but
DON'T add dialogs such as these ... it make the UI annoying

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!