--

------------
Christopher Blizzard
AppliedTheory Communications, Inc.
http://odin.appliedtheory.com/
blizzard@appliedtheory.com
------------

Dear Sir

I am writing a simple yet useful Gnome application (I will be releasing it
as soon as it's usable ;).  In the "Progress Bar Policies" section of the
style guide, it is implied that one should have a cancel button for long
operations.  I've studied the gnome-libs source code (not in its entirety
though), but would like to know what gnome function I can periodically
call so that the event handling of my application can still be responsive
even during such a long operation, in order to implement this mentioned
cancel button.

Thank you very much in advance,
Charl

Charl Botha

E-Mail cpb@espresso.ee.sun.ac.za

Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
Digital Signal Processing Group
Department of Electronic Engineering
University of Stellenbosch
South Africa