SM and POSIX [ was Re: Is it a proper CVS dep tree? ]

Owen Taylor writes:
 > I believe that they are saying
 >
 >  "This is an appropriate type to use on a POSIX-compliant system"
 >
 > not:
 >
 >  "The POSIX standard specifies this particular type"

I also doubt that the POSIX people had any input into this "standard".

However, it is not enough to just take this as a "suggestion". xsm
only works with the "non-standard" type!

 > [
 >   As such, is it a good idea to change the type of SmDiscardCommand?
 >   Is there a reason why the list is necessary, or are we just
 >   breaking compatibility with existing SM programs for no
 >   good reason?
 > ]

I can patch up gnome-session to work with both types because the
protocol always sends the type of the property along with its value.
This should cover our backs.

Felix