Re: New GNOME Website - Plone Deployment

Jeff Schroeder wrote:

> > Zope is funny about what version of python it targets. 2.4.4 is
> > minimum. There is no 2.5 support.
>
> Requiring a hand built python instance for a CMS makes me question
> that CMS's ability to stay relevant, but I'm just the monkey in this
> debate. From what I'm aware of, we mainly use RHEL and Ubuntu. My

It doesn't require a hand built Python, just a specific version. I
don't know for Red Hat but I just checked Ubuntu and it has Python 2.4
available in all versions since 6.06[1] (and 2.4.5 since 8.04).

Cheers,
        Frederic

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python2.4