New GNOME Website - Plone Deployment

Hi all,

We're working during this development cycle to have a beta version of
the new GNOME website by September 21 (GNOME 2.28 release). For
details about the plan, go to:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/TwoPointTwentyseven

The new website will be based on Plone and we need to discussion about
the best way to handle the deployment of the new website in GNOME
servers. The Plone developers have added some deployment notes here:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Plone/Deployment

The short term goal now is to setup a continuous build infra to have a
test website always running the latest code from repository. During
the 2.27/2.28 cycle, the code will reside on Plone's collective
subversion repository. So, the idea is to have 1 or 2 builds per day
where the latest code is checked out from repository and automatically
re-deployed on GNOME servers.

The long term goal is, of course, to have our Plone instance running
on GNOME servers with the ideal resources and optimum performance. In
that case, I'm sure there are many technical details that need to be
sorted out before any action here. This is why I'm sending this
message: to kick off discussion between Plone developers and sysadmins
about our Plone deployment.

So, I ask to sysadmins:
- Do we have enough server resources to run Plone with optimum
performance? If not, how can we solve this?
- How feasible it is to have the test website and the continuous build
infra done in the next 2-3 weeks? In that case, we don't need the
ideal server resources yet as it's just for testing.
- Do you need any further information other than the stuff on the wiki page?

The Plone guys have already subscribed to this mailing list and will
answer any questions you may have.

Cheers!

--lucasr