Re: git status update?

Le vendredi 27 février 2009 à 05:20 +0100, Vincent Untz a écrit :
> Le jeudi 26 février 2009, à 14:22 -0500, Kristian Høgsberg a écrit :
> > I think we're all set to press the big button after the release goes
> > out, and in the meantime we can move over individual repos not part the
> > GNOME release over if people want. Is there anything specific you want
> > an update on?
>
> I chatted briefly with Owen a few hours ago. I was thinking there'd be
> a status update sent on the list while he was thinking that I was
> looking at http://live.gnome.org/GitMigration. Small misunderstanding :-)
>
> So let me take the wiki page and based on this, let's try to see what's
> not ready. I'm assuming we don't need anything that's not mentioned on
> the wiki page, which might or might not be true -- we'll have to check
> this with the whole community before committing to a date for a
> migration.

<snip>

>  + translators: I think it's more or less fine for documentation. It'd
>    certainly be nice to be able to commit from l10n.gnome.org, though.
>    Is l10n.gnome.org ready for a switch?
>    (I would still think that it'd be nice to have a very limited script
>     that can only do checkout/update/commit for translators, so they
>     don't have to struggle with the git ui, but well, that's just my
>     opinion)
>    [not blocker, unless l10n.gnome.org gets broken]

We have code in l10n.gnome.org to autocommit po files directly from the
site. Now we'd need a SVN account for the Web app user. I've already
written privately to Christian Rose. Should I ask to accounts gnome org?

>  + library.gnome.org: does it need something?
>    (not mentioned on the wiki, but just thought about it)
>    [not blocker: most docs come from tarballs]
>
>  + svn externals: is there a resolution?
>    [blocker: we have modules using this]
>
>  + commit hooks: are all hooks ported?
>    [potentially blocker: depends on the hooks]

There is one missing to send a mail to gnomeweb gnome org for stats
updating on every commit.

<snip>

Claude