Re: git status update?

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 04:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hey there,
> It looks like good progress were made on the git stuff, thanks to the
> awesome work of the small team working on that. And now, a migration
> doesn't seem that far. Maybe we could even start planning the last few
> steps... So here are a few questions:
>  + had a good list of things that
>    were to be done before a migration can be considered. However, it
>    hasn't been updated in a while, so it's hard to evaluate what has
>    been done and what is still blocking. Who should I bribe to have
>    this page updated? :-)

I'll work on it this afternoon.

>  + is the plan to move module by module or all modules at once?

The plan is to move a set of "beta" modules to sort the kinks out of the
setup, and then once we have good confidence in the setup
and are at a good point in the release process, migrate everything all
at once.

The modules that have been moved over (SVN has been made read-only for
thee modules) can be seen in the top section labelled "GNOME git
repositories" in

Highlights include:

So these are modules that are either not part of the release, or have no
translations or both. (Sorry about the hassle with gnome-screensaver.)

>  + does it sound reasonable to do the migration just after 2.26.0 is
>    out?

- Owen