Re: [GNOME-India] Re: About a presence at GNU/Linux Asia 2004

>   Potential demo areas would be
>
>   0. GNOME l10n support
>   1. GNOME for the ordinary Suresh Das user
>   2. GNOME as a development platform (Glade/Anjuta/what not)

	I want to stress on #2 in particular here - I would even say we have a
separate computer meant for only those kind of demos. We could run XD2
with all the latest packages and show them how they can do everything
they want to using GNOME and Linux. OpenOffice is IMHO a pretty capable
piece of software so making people more aware of OO and its capabilities
vis-a-vis MS Office should be a priority.

	I agree that #0 and #2 are important too but perhaps we can have a
separate computer for that so that our developer and Suresh Das audience
can be catered to at the same time (since they are very likely mutually
exclusive groups).

>   Also, it would be nice if we can have some ideas on what is done in
>   GNOME booths at [GNU]Linux shows worldwide.

	Let us talk to Jeff Waugh / GMan / other GNOME people who have done
this in the past. Luis Villa from ximian is a good contact too.

>   The charges for HUB is  Rs 10000 per PC.
>   So we need to find out how many PCs we need (do they come preinstalled
>   with anything??)

	Perhaps somebody can lend us their computer ? Or better still - we have
people around with laptops that we can use for a day or two :-)

>   Let us first formulate the things we are going to demo/speak about.
>
>   Then we can get an idea of how many computers we need -> how many
>   volunteers we need -> total cost.

	Sounds good.

	Ravi.