[GNOME-India] About a presence at GNU/Linux Asia 2004

hi,

since we were discussing Ravi's fine proposal about the above, i had
written in to Technetra (who are organising the event in conjunction
with EFY) and Mayank. a reply from Alolita Sharma is as provided
below ::

[begin_quote]
At LinuxAsia, we are envisioning the purpose of the HUB to showcase
various solutions including highlighting GNOME as a desktop. So there
are two choices - using a booth at the EXPO for demonstrating the
various GNOME solutions or using the HUB to demonstrate a specific
solution.

Either way, we welcome you to participate and round up Ximian and
WIPRO to join in - that would be great!

Let us know when you need further details for a booth or the HUB or
have any other questions.

[end_quote]

i guess then that is one part answered. the point remains is whether
we have the footsoldiers in delhi and if they are going to charge.
once we get in sync our idea about the presentation
materials/demos/Point-of-Presence goodies (by 25th please) we could
talk with the committee once again

cheers
sankarshan

ps:: there was something about Wipro & Ximian in Alolita's mail -
speak up mates

Let's extend the footprint !!