Re: [GNOME-India] Re: About a presence at GNU/Linux Asia 2004

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 19:27, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> [1] GNOME-India is not a registered body. ergo cash/finance handling
> is an issue. someone would have to take the onus on personally and
> that is not a very headache free idea. we also have too little time
> to register

	That's a valid point. That is why I think we should go the sponsorship
route. In the long run, it might make sense to be a registered body.

> [2] is it possible for either of these companies or anyone singly -
> Novell, Ximian, Dell, Wipro to sponsor the infrastructure required
> while the list provides the volunteers, demonstrators and techies ?
> what say you ?

	I think that's a good idea. I can talk to Miguel/Nat but we will need
someone to talk to the local Novell people (in Bangalore) too.

	Ravi.

--
Ravi Pratap M <ravi at ximian dot com>
Selective perfectionist, compulsive programmer