[GNOME-India] Re: About a presence at GNU/Linux Asia 2004

On 14/12/03 20:06 +0530, Arjun Asthana poked the keyboard with a stick and wrote:

 > On Friday 12 December 2003 21:33, you wrote:
 > > [snip]
 > >
 > > About the foot-soldiers in delhi , I could talk to some guys I know in
 > > the Delhi LUG.Perhaps these guys will be able to help.
 >
 > I'm in Delhi.

 Great - we have one volunteer who is based in Delhi.

 Also, noticed that Glynn Foster (aka GMan ;-)) is thinking about
 a visit to Linux Asia 2004, so we may have some real fun in LA 2003.
(http://www.gnome.org/~gman/blog/15122003)

 > > Sounds like Linux Asia 2004 is going to be big , and we need to showcase
 > > GNOME there.Lets start working on this.

  After looking at http://www.linuxasia2004.com/program/, I believe that
  we would be better suited to the "Hub"

  Potential demo areas would be

  0. GNOME l10n support
  1. GNOME for the ordinary Suresh Das user
  2. GNOME as a development platform (Glade/Anjuta/what not)

  By that time, GNOME 2.5 *may be* demoable - and also, combining that
  with the Freedesktop Xserver - we may have some real fun ;-)
  Of course, that machine would have to sport a label - "Technology
  Preview - Unstable - may cause physical harm"

  Also, it would be nice if we can have some ideas on what is done in
  GNOME booths at [GNU]Linux shows worldwide.

  Also, do we get to do talks - or is seperate registration reqd. ?

  And, maybe it can be nice if someone contacts iLUG-Delhi and find out
  if anyone is interested in volunteering.

  The charges for HUB is  Rs 10000 per PC.
  So we need to find out how many PCs we need (do they come preinstalled
  with anything??)

  Also, if someone comes from outside Delhi - we'll need to provide
  travel/lodging/food expenses.

  So, we need to get in action fast.

  Let us first formulate the things we are going to demo/speak about.

  Then we can get an idea of how many computers we need -> how many
  volunteers we need -> total cost.

  -cheers-
  sdg

 --
 Sayamindu Dasgupta
[ http://clai.net/sayamindu ]

Witch!  Witch!  They'll burn ya!
		-- Hag, "Tomorrow is Yesterday", stardate unknown