Re: [GNOME-India] Re: About a presence at GNU/Linux Asia 2004

Hey,

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 05:36, Ravi Pratap M wrote:
> >   Potential demo areas would be
> >
> >   0. GNOME l10n support
> >   1. GNOME for the ordinary Suresh Das user
> >   2. GNOME as a development platform (Glade/Anjuta/what not)
>

> 	I want to stress on #2 in particular here - I would even say we have a
> separate computer meant for only those kind of demos. We could run XD2
> with all the latest packages and show them how they can do everything
> they want to using GNOME and Linux. OpenOffice is IMHO a pretty capable
> piece of software so making people more aware of OO and its capabilities
> vis-a-vis MS Office should be a priority.

Yeah, I reckon #2 is a pretty good base to pitch from, which really
happens to include #1 by default ;)

Nat's been pushing the developer platform a lot more these days, with
C#, Java, Python, C++ bindings all coming together. We could probably
just mention that in passing, since I think the above is probably more
important potentially - although it would be nice to encourage more
platform/desktop hackers.

> >   Also, it would be nice if we can have some ideas on what is done in
> >   GNOME booths at [GNU]Linux shows worldwide.
>
> 	Let us talk to Jeff Waugh / GMan / other GNOME people who have done
> this in the past. Luis Villa from ximian is a good contact too.

cc'ing marketing-list gnome org
Usually GNOME booths show whatever they can organize in the given time -
whether that's a stable vanilla GNOME, or a mixture of some of the newer
things coming out with unstable development.

Glynn