Re: Technical feasibility to translate a project on Github

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Thibault Martin <mail thibaultmart in> wrote:
Now the audience for this question would probably be the translation
coordinators: would we accept to take the responsibility of translating
flatpak software?

I think you are omitting a possible scenario. We can have it on Damned
lies and not take responsibility for it, like we do for the
Freedesktop modules. You don’t need to have teams on board to do that:
the i18n coordinators just have to decide that it is part of our
extended platform, like Freedesktop is, and we can add it immediately
so we see its status alongside the rest of the platform.

As for taking responsibility, I would say yes but with a lower
priority than GNOME itself. Also, I expect flatpak people to
communicate with us and have a freeze so we can do our work in good
conditions.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker