Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))

Hi!

> Should then bugs be filled for whatever tools are used to make releases
> (this distcheck you said)?
>
> I mean, if it's a PITA for each release, why not try to fix it upstream?
> I know that build systems are complex and all, but they are software for
> that matter and can be improved/fixed.

Hm, make distcheck is upstream, it's the make target used to find flaws
in the autotools configuration. It is usually run by the maintainer
before he does a tarball release. There is nothing that can be fixed
there - it just finds out things that need to be fixed (runs intltool -m
for example and a lot of other stuff).

> Sorry, for me the tool isn't gtranslator, vim po-mode, gedit, kbabel, or
> whatever, the tool is Damned-Lies. It's the one you are going to use to
> see if there's work remaining, and as i explained in another mail,
> having filters surely will help skip the schemas/errors strings but on
> the tool (D-L) you will still see that the module misses some strings
> and you will not see a string addition.

If the tool for you is damned-lies it can also be implemented there.
It's not impossible to generate more than one statistic out a a given
po-file. It's probably not super easy but it would be ONE module to fix
instead of 80+ modules for GNOME.

Regards,
Johannes