Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))
- From: Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
- To: Ihar Hrachyshka <ihar hrachyshka gmail com>
- Cc: GNOME i18n list <gnome-i18n gnome org>, Ask Hjorth Larsen <asklarsen gmail com>, "jbowtie amathaine com" <jbowtie amathaine com>, Simos Xenitellis <simos lists googlemail com>
- Subject: Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))
- Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 18:35:49 +0100
El lun, 01-11-2010 a las 19:29 +0200, Ihar Hrachyshka escribió:
> You're wrong when speaking about "normal user". Normal user:
> 1) either use Google or NOT for searching problem solutions;
> 2) should be able to fix the problem with no external help (google,
> friends, tech support). If not, then the software is wrong, the error
> messages are wrong, but the errors localisation is ok.
Well, obviously we don't deal with the same "normal users".
> So though I'm for separating schema messages, I'm against separating
> errors from UI messages.
I'm against separating them since it will include more files to push and
handle, but I'm against translating them at all.
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
] [Thread Prev