Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))

> There's no automatic way to split errors from the GUI strings, so
> it'll be a huge amount of work for programmers (and require sustained
> maintenance work), while the benefit to translators is not significant
> IMHO.  But I'd really like to see all the useless schema strings
> separated out.
IMHO error and schema strings should not be translated. Whenever I try
to find help in Spanish when a software crashes, I usually get few or
null feedback from the error in Spanish (in my case), but tones of pages
and websites when I paste the same error in English into Google.

And the normal user will never search for those errors, only advanced
users, so I guess we're not helping them much translating error and
schema messages.

Besides, I bet there are hundreds of strings in GNOME that the final
user will NEVER, ever see.

Best regards.
--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org