Re: l10n for clutter

Hi!

> I love doing translation on l10n.gnome.org. The only problem is missing
> connection to external repositories, which is better at Transifex.net.
> They
> create accounts on sourceforge/github etc, so to allow the project hosting
> on Transifex.net for translation, the only thing need to do is add the
> specific user, someone like 'transifex', to the project as developer. That
> is, it's possible to commit the translation directly to the repository.

The point is: Can we make l10n.gnome.org also monitor external
(git-)repositories?

IMHO, the workflow could be like this:
* l10n generates po files from the external repository (should be rather
easy)
* Translators uploads to l10n.gnome.org
* Coordinator approves translation
* Mail is automatically send to the responsible person for the sub-project
to commit things (probably sign with GPG to authenticate properly).

I think that would open us a number of projects hosted on external git
repositories (clutter, gstreamer, freedesktop) and would unify the access.

Anyway, it might be some workload for Claude and other l10n.gnome.org
maintainers.

Regards,
Johannes