Re: modifications in Lithuanian gnumeric translation

2010.07.16 16:35 Andre Klapper rašė:
> Am Freitag, den 16.07.2010, 16:16 +0300 schrieb Tomas Kuliavas:
>> I am only asking to respect my opinion and my work. Any person can
>> replace
>> translation style and it takes a lot of work to create whole
>> translation.
>
> So it would have been acceptable for you if your translation had been
> committed non-altered and with you set as the author in git, followed by
> a second git commit with the criticized changes under the author name of
> Gintautas?

I have two acceptable solutions:
1. Ž.Beručka proves that byla->failas replacement
- is acceptable by Lithuanian translation mailing list. Not by Lithuanian
gnome mailing list controlled by same people who want to push "failas".
- is not triggered by his personal preference
- is not triggered by Microsoft preference
- is not caused by ban from language commission, which left "rinkmena"
acceptable, because it is really easy to reject that word, accepted
English derivative "failas", because they liked it, and banned "byla",
because they couldn't find other way to fight it.

He won't like this solution, because I suspect that "failas" does not have
absolute majority in komp_lt konferencijos lt mailing list. If I am wrong,
he will win and I'll shut up.

2. my translation is not used and reverted to previous state
(http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnumeric/commit/?id=4f4df57d04da2274d608bb93b3ecde4579bc3145)

When I updated gnumeric translation on vertimus, I've deliberately put
translation coordinator in situation when he could either reject my work
or commit translation with style changes and prove lack of something in
his attitude towards my contributions.

If you want to do your way, you will have yet another disgruntled
translator, but G.Miliauskas and Ž.Beručka should resign their copyrights
on this translation to FSF like I did. My translation on vertimus had 2010
year copyrights assigned to FSF. Git update does not have it
(http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnumeric/commit/?id=162cc8795e45263045bba5b1a56a5f958974c3a4).
Current gnumeric translation is copyrighted by FSF and by them. Their
commits in 2009-2010 don't set copyright owner and normal copyright laws
apply. I've resigned my copyrights on gnome translations, they don't. If
this is basic mistake without realizing how copyright works, then they
should accept "Copyright (C) 2004-2007,2009,2010 Free Software Foundation,
Inc." on gnumeric/po/lt.po without any objections.

--
Tomas