Re: modifications in Lithuanian gnumeric translation

On 07/16/10 15:37, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> 2010.07.16 15:17 Andre Klapper rašė:
>> Hi Tomas,
>>
>> Am Freitag, den 16.07.2010, 14:41 +0300 schrieb Tomas Kuliavas:
>>> I've updated Lithuanian Gnumeric and posted it on
>>> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnumeric/master/po/lt. Lithuanian team
>>> coordinator took that translation, applied massive style changes and
>>> committed translation without indicating who did those style changes.
>>
>> What are "massive style changes"?
>> I don't see many changes in
>> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/diff/49997/49995/1/ except for replacing
>> "bylą" by "failą" which was already discussed on this mailing list and
>> hence is not a topic here anymore but could be discussed on the
>> Lithuanian mailing list if there was/is (still) a need.
>
> Ž.Beručka never discussed it on mailing list, when he replaced my
> translation with his version. He could replace translation if he did it
> correctly, but instead of asking others about their opinion, he decided to
> replace translation and fight of opponents after they notice what he have
> done.
>
>>> These translation style changes are not acceptable. I ask to revert this
>>> commit
>>> (http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnumeric/commit/?id=162cc8795e45263045bba5b1a56a5f958974c3a4)
>>> or commit my translation without controversial style changes.
>>
>> It's up to the language team coordinator to decide about changes in the
>> review process of translations submitted to l10n.gnome.org.
>
> It is up to his moral standards to reject my contribution, if he knows how
> I will react when he replaces that word in my translation.
>
> Please remove my contributions from Gnome or ask that unscrupulous person
> to do that.

Hi Tomas,

I'd like to make a point: GNOME Lithuanian coordiantor is *free* to use
your GPL translation in case he leaves your credit as a translator. If
you don't like it, don't post your translations to l10n.gnome.org.
Anyway, GPL is the only way to distribute translations (as derivative
work). So please don't accuse respected coordinator of steeling anything
from you.

Currently I see that *you* don't respect your language team traditions
and rules. Please stop abusing your collegues.

You're not in charge of forcing GNOME to remove your contributions from
repository. I even think that it will be anti-productive to do it. So I
hope current Lithuanian coordinator will leave your work adapted to team
requirements in tree so that GNOME users have one more application with
good Lithuanian translation.

Thanks,
Ihar.