Re: gsettings-desktop schemas

Hi!

> But I agree with you. Some teams like to skip the schema strings for now
> anyway. That's why the handful of GSettings based module maintainers
> could think about to split the po files as GTK already does for a long
> time. In GTK, there are the folders "po" and "po-properties". The second
> one is for property nicks which likely appear in the terminal only. We
> could do it similarly.

No, those never appear in the terminal, those appear in glade (and other
GUI design/development applications).

> We create a folder "po-gsettings" and fill the
> file POTFILES.in with the names of the gsettings-related files. Just
> introduce it to the autotools stack, and we can go ahead. One hand, we
> have satisfied translators, other hand, the other translators which
> actually want to translate it may skip it until dconf-editor really
> works. But this procedure works only if we have the gsettings keys
> always in separate source files, apart from other code.

I think they are always in different source files because they actually
exist only in the gsettings-schema files. Anyway, I am not really
looking forward to the automake magic that will be necessary but if
someone wants to make an example module I might reconsider this.

Regards,
Johannes