Re: gsettings-desktop schemas

Am Montag, den 20.12.2010, 15:41 +0100 schrieb Andre Klapper:
> Am Montag, den 20.12.2010, 15:45 +0100 schrieb Mario Blättermann:
> > Which prerequisites are needed to make it work?
>
> First question is: Why should it be translated?

Andre, if I remember correctly, you was the guy who had asked for add it
to the Damned Lies...? You should actually know why.

> Currently it only contains scheme descriptions, and I don't know of any
> user interface application that displays them.

Of course it contents only scheme descriptions, as the module name
suggests. Scheme descriptions are displayed in gconf-editor, and it is
really important in my mind to have them localized, although some GTP
teams want to skip them. We have this tool for rarely used and not in
the UI available settings, and the localized scheme descriptions mark a
difference to other configuration databases. The "human-readability" is
the most important advantage of gconf-editor, and we should keep this by
providing descriptions in the native languages of the users.

Cheers,
Mario