gsettings-desktop schemas

Hi all,

some months ago the gsettings-desktop-schemas module was added to the
Damned Lies pages. It rests in peace since, because the status view
shows zero strings from the beginning. The command »intltool-update«
cannot detect any translatable strings.

The file POTFILES.in shows entries like the following:

schemas/org.gnome.desktop.default-applications.gschema.xml

I've tried to prepend a [type: gettext/xml] to each line, but it doesn't
work. Even when I change

<description>Whether the on-screen keyboard is turned on.</description>

<_description>Whether the on-screen keyboard is turned
on.</_description>

it doesn't work not yet. What's the matter here? Which prerequisites are
needed to make it work? It's a pity that we have a module which seems to
be important (otherwise Andre hadn't asked to add it) and we cannot
translate it.

Cheers,
Mario