Re: Translation Team for Latin (la, lat)

Paul Norton <paul paulnorton org>, Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:55:58 -0700:

> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 23:21 -0400, Thomas Thurman wrote:
> > I'd quite like to join the team, though I'm already very overcommitted.
>
> I suspect we're both overcommitted, but if nobody does anything then
> there's no chance of it ever happening. This is a first step. Build it
> and they will come.

Just a question of curiosity, what dictionaries, corpuses or linguistic
tools in general are you going to use in localization to Latin as a target
language?

In the past, I was provided with some Recent Latin resource
consisting of examples of computer terminology, I'm also aware of Roman
Curia (or should I say Curia romana) publishing a lexicon for "modern
terms" from time to time, but personally I somehow doubt that it'd enough
for localization of something as extensive and as "technical" as GNOME.

Susque deque valete transferteque! :-)

Petr Kovar