Re: Feature and string break request

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 11:56 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

> For translators: the new string is "Archive Mounter".
>
> Alex, your patch doesn't modify POTFILES.in :-)
>
> I'm a bit mixed on the feature freeze break. It sounds harmless and
> more of a good thing. But then it deprecates file-roller in some part
> since it's not needed to read archives anymore... I need to think a bit
> more about this, I guess.

Deprecates is a bit harsh. File roller is still what you want to use for
things like creating an archive or adding a file to an archive. Or even
extracting a whole archive to some place (via the extract archive menu
item in nautilis). Mounting an archive is more when you want to browse
into archives, similar to how you would use loopback mounting of ISO
images. In fact i think the ISO image support is the most important part
of the archive backend.