Re: Import from Launchpad

Hi Vincent!

> I think it doesn't need to be done via the GNOME Foundation (well, if
> you really want, we can certainly do it): we know people working on
> Rosetta/Launchpad, and it's only a matter of making it clear that it's
> really important to most, if not all, GNOME translation teams.
>
> One problem is that this might not be considered high priority (and
> since it's not free software, nobody can help...).

Well, I just would want that it is some kind of official request and the
foundation came into my mind. If you think there is another way to
arrange these things and give them a high priority then I have no
problem.

Anyway, until now there are only few people involved in this. So we
should find out if there is a general agreement that we want frozen
upstream translations. If we archive this I would ask someone of the
board to write some kind of request.

I think just some little voices saying that we want it might not really
solve our problem but if we have a good base it's much more likely that
they will hear us.

Thanks and regards,
Johannes