Re: Import from Launchpad

Am Freitag, den 25.01.2008, 15:21 +0100 schrieb Wouter Bolsterlee:
> 2008-01-25 klockan 15:03 skrev Gerd Kohlberger:
> > Djihed Afifi wrote:
> > > Depends on who did it. If it's agreed with the .jp GNOMe coordinator, I
> > > suppose it's ok.
> >
> > I didn't contact any coordinator. Is that a problem? I just thought I
> > move them over to svn so the work wouldn't be lost.
> >
> > What's the policy for things like that?
>
> For Dutch (nl), we've been in serious 'conflict' with external translations
> (translations, not translators!) on numerous occasions. I would strongly
> object against any import from external sources into Gnome SVN without
> maintainer/l10n-team approval, since we try to keep high standards for
> upstream translations---importing external stuff possibly affects the
> overall translation quality in a negative way. We've seen that in the past,
> see e.g. http://uwstopia.nl/blog/2006/11/i18n-rant

Oh, I fully understand this objections: On Ubuntu Pidgin's reconnect
dialog still says "Verbunden", instead of "Verbinden" for over a year
now. Despite the fact, that Rosetta has a correction request...

I hate downstream translations...

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Openismus GmbH: http://www.openismus.com/