Re: Import from Launchpad

Hi!

> What I am asking  is to lock upstream strings that have been done.
> What is the point of offering them?
> 1) If there is an error, there is bugzilla.gnome.org
> 2) If someone wants to contribute, they can join the upstream project.
> 3) if the translations are not locked and someone works on them, they
> waste their time and their translations go to /dev/null when upstream
> has done them.
>
> (Actually I'm not sure about point 3, what happens in the case of conflicts?)

+1 from me. Anyway, we need some general agreement here and then we
should discuss this with Ubuntu in some offical way (e.g. through GNOME
Foundation). In general cooperation with Ubuntu seems to be quite good
and they are also pushing GNOME forward a lot and we should really
coordinate this point!

Regards,
Johannes