Re: Progress pages, doc/ui order

2006-12-29 klockan 19:14 skrev Danilo Šegan:
> Yesterday at 21:34, Bob Mauchin wrote:
> > Do you think it's possible to bind it with a svn server
> > dedicated to translation as mentionned here
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-December/msg00205.html
> > ?
> > It could be a good basis to a GNOME translation platform. (Maybe I'm
> > dreaming :) )
>
> The problem with binding with SVN is privileges: if we use single
> dedicated SVN account for process doing the updates, we lose track of
> SVN history (who committed what), and we have to be careful when
> programming to not make mistakes which would allow complete access to
> Gnome SVN.  And we make use of SVN over SSH with each coordinator
> still having their own SVN account, we've got the problem of entering
> SSH key passphrases on commit.

I don't know much about svn, but bzr can just "merge" the language
coordinator's branch periodically, thus preserving full history. Perhaps
something like that is possible with svn as well.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

open up your eyes :: open up your arms            -- queens of the stone age