Re: Guarani Nhandeva translation

Hi, all.

I second what Clytie said (wrote, actually :-).

>   Well, actually we know that exists a lot of dialects spoken on Brazil
> and Latin America in general. The indians dialects don't fill nationals
> frontiers, generaly, although some countries accept some lenguages like
> officials. Guarani Nhandeva is a dialect sponked in some areas of south
> of Brazil

Ok. Unless someone have something against it, I'm going to use gn_BR
to upload the files.

>   Guarani, for example, is a national language on Paraguay. Or, in others
> words, an specific "guarani" is considered an official language on
> Paraguay. It seems, to us, that they'll wants to use gn code. So,
> talking with Moreno (another guy from the translation team) about the
> code we decided to use gn_BR instead of gn because don't looks fair use
> the "general code" when there is a lot of "guaranis dialects" spoken on
> latin america.
>
>   I don't know if i answer the questions. Sorry if not.

I guess you did. But do you think it would be a problem for speakers
of those different dialects to share the same code? Wouldn't they
understand each other?

I'm asking those questions because we have a good example here at GTP
with Spanish. Although people all over Latin America and at Spain
spell/pronounce some words differently they decide to have just one
team, since the written form for computing terms is not so different.
In a nutshell, they decided to join effort, to use their language to
join them, not do split them.

Do you think the same could be possible for the speakers of Guarani
here in Brazil, in Paraguay and other countries too?

--
Raphael Higino