Re: Guarani Nhandeva translation

On 2006-04-07T04:31:50+0300, phhigino gmail com wrote:
On 4/6/06, Boca <boca riseup net> wrote: >
>> Thanks for the explication about the languages codes. So, we decided to
>> choose the gn_BR code, ok? Could be?
>
> Christian, can gn_BR be used or just gn is preferable? (Matheus, this
> is just to make it clear with GTP coordinators)

Hello Boca,

just before Christian or someone else asks these same questions about
the code, can you explain to us (because you known much more than
other people here) where is Guarani spoken and what kind of dialects
or variants there exists.

If I understood correct Nhandeva is the name of the language in
Guarani and Guarani is the name of the language in English.

English wikipedia does not tell me anything about dialects[1]. If
there is only one language that is almost universally spoken
similarly, then it must use code "gn". But if Guarani in Brazil is
somehow different than Guarani spoken somewhere else, then "gn_BR" is
the correct code.

So please tell us about dialects and/or regions and rationale why you
would like to use code gn_BR, or should you use simply gn.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guaran%C3%AD_language

--
Tommi Vainikainen