Re: "Apparent" string-freeze breaks in gok, gnopernicus

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 23:29 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> sÃn 2004-09-12 klockan 21.53 skrev Danilo Åegan:
> > > As a side note of this discussion, it would probably be useful if we
> > > could discuss intltool issues in terms of releases instead of something
> > > vague and everchanging such as "CVS HEAD". I certainly hope that noone
> > > never uses intltool CVS HEAD for anything but testing, and uses the
> > > latest stable release for any serious translation work. I certainly hope
> > > that the translation status pages uses nothing but the latest stable
> > > intltool release, and *never* CVS HEAD of intltool. The translation
> > > status pages should show what any translator should see if running
> > > intltool themselves, using the latest stable release.
> >
> > That's sometimes hard to achieve.  For instance now with
> > evolution-exchange, I've sent a patch that would allow translators to
> > work on it.  Unfortunately, Kenneth was unavailable so it was
> > impossible for it to get committed to CVS, and a release to be made
> > (Rodney was probably busy with other stuff, since Evolution is a new
> > module in Gnome, they probably have many things to do; I've never
> > released a tarball and I'm not sure I'd know how to do that at all).
> > This means that evolution-exchange will have sub-standard
> > translations in upcoming Gnome 2.8 release.
>
> As Abel pointed out, other people have been doing emergency releases of
> intltool in the past. So it's definately doable, and I'm sure that
> Kenneth doesn't mind.

I did the releases I was aware of being needed. I could do more if it
needs to be done. I have had other things to do, and I don't typically
watch cvs-commits or anything, and nobody mailed me about it. I also
didn't get any bug closings from bugzilla, and I /am/ watching the
intltool-maint bugs. :)

-- dobey