Re: "Apparent" string-freeze breaks in gok, gnopernicus
- From: danilo gnome org (Danilo Åegan)
- To: Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>, Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth gnu org>, GNOME Release Team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: "Apparent" string-freeze breaks in gok, gnopernicus
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:53:53 +0200
Today at 23:29, Christian Rose wrote:
> As Abel pointed out, other people have been doing emergency releases of
> intltool in the past. So it's definately doable, and I'm sure that
> Kenneth doesn't mind.
Ok. That seems a sane policy.
> Please *no*. There are two ways of translating GNOME: Either by fetching
> pot/po files from the translation status pages, or by generating the
> pot/po files directly from CVS. The results of these methods should
> never differ.
Yeah, I see the point you're trying to make. I see the pros and cons
of both methods, and can understand which you weight more.
Predictability and stability is important, I agree, and we want to aim
for translators to have the easiest job possible.
] [Thread Prev