Re: New team for Iranian Azerbaijani (az_IR)

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 21:43, Danilo Åegan wrote:
> The question Pablo is trying to raise here is very practical: would
> "az_IR" users mind seeing "az" (Azerbaijani in Latin script) so much
> that we should rename all the PO files *right now*?

Short answer: I don't know. Metin suggested eventually renaming "az" to
"az_AZ" in GNOME 2.10, and that seems very fine to me.

> We're all aware
> of what we've got: scripts are different, languages are the same;
> another alternative fallback has again the different script, and is in
> a different language.
>
> We don't need a perfect answer, and if the answer is that nobody
> knows for sure, lets keep a status-quo, at least until someone
> (probably az_IR user) complains, and it (complaining) becomes common.

No problem with me. Status quo has always been fine. Don't forget that
we're talking theoretically here. Unless we start to see Iranian
Azerbaijani translations in GNOME, we won't need to do anything.

roozbeh