Dedicated language translation domain (was Re: More than 400 newstrings inside gnome-control-center)

Hi Sven,

Sven Neumann <sven@gimp.org> writes:

> Just out of curiosity: what keeps you from adding a package for these
> strings right now? I'm mainly asking because we could need a list of
> languages in GIMP and so far I hesitated to add one because it would
> mean a lot of translatable strings and I also wouldn't want to have to
> maintain such a list.

May I propose you the same what I suggested Carlos to do?

iso_639 is already on the Translation Project pages[1] (added a couple
of weeks back), so I suggest you make use of it.  If translation is
present, it will get used, if not, users will get untranslated messages.

Cheers,
Danilo

[1]http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=iso_639