Re: More than 400 new strings inside gnome-control-center

Hi,

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@gnome.org> writes:

> El dom, 25-01-2004 a las 20:55, Arafat Medini escribió:
> > To be honest and maybe you will hate me for this ;), but I am against
> > it. We have now Evo with its 4000 new strings and then do a work which
> > will be obsolete anyway ?!
>
> No, you did not understood my mail. This work will not be obsolete never
> (perhaps if some countries/languages change their name or code :-P),
> It's just that I cannot add a dependency on iso-codes package that have
> all those strings, thus I need to add those strings inside
> gnome-control-center but in the future we will depend on iso-codes or
> something like that. I'm just trying to tell you that I'm using the same
> strings so you could/should reuse the strings and sync both
> translations.

Just out of curiosity: what keeps you from adding a package for these
strings right now? I'm mainly asking because we could need a list of
languages in GIMP and so far I hesitated to add one because it would
mean a lot of translatable strings and I also wouldn't want to have to
maintain such a list.

Sven