Re: Klingon localization of GNOME

sön 2004-01-11 klockan 21.55 skrev C J Fynn:
> It seems like a heck of a lot of work for a little bit of enjoyment.
>
> There are hundreds of human languages left to translate - helping to get GNOME
> localised for some of these languages can be useful for people in developing
> nations and maybe help narrow the "digital divide".
>
> We all need a bit of fun sometimes, but personally I think that learning
> different languages of fellow humans is probably a far better use ones of time
> and effort than learning something like Klingon would be - and it can be fun
> too. With the world the way is today, the more we can communicate with and
> understand fellow humans in their own languages the better.

Okay, which of the following statements do you believe to be true:

* Debating whether translation of a particular language should be
allowed in the first place helps people
* Debating whether translation of a particular language should be
allowed in the first place is equal to showing the speakers of that
language respect
* Debating whether translation of a particular language should be
allowed in the first place is something we usually do
* Translating GNOME into Klingon will reduce the availability of
translations for other languages
* All Klingon translators would want to translate into some other
language instead
* All Klingon translators could translate into some other language
instead
* GNOME being translated into Klingon hurts small children
* GNOME is currently being translated into Klingon
* This thread needs more discussion

Christian

(Spoiler: If you answered yes to any of the above statements, you need
to do your homework again)